Every girl has seen her struggles with her lashes –whether it be in the form of clumps or curling. Here are 6 tips and 4 mascara recommendations to help you out with your daily routine!
1. Use the proper mascara wand to get the type of lashes you want!
Most packagings for mascara provide a picture or basic model of the shape of its wand. Use this to your advantage and know what you’re looking for before you purchase!
- An oversized wand if you want maximum volume for your lashes.
- A cone taper wand if you want more volume on the outsides of your lashes. This shape will provide you with a fan-like look.
- A curved wand for a fanned-out curl.
- A balled tip wand for detailed edges.
- A micro wand for a more natural look.
- A rubbery shorty wand for more length.
- A flat come for more separated and dark lashes.
2. To revive your mascara, add a few drops of contact lens residue and mix
There are so many instances when mascaras dry out before its expiration date. Why spend another $10 or $30 on another tube when you could just revive your old one!
3. To de-clump your lashes, simply brush over your mascara with a toothbrush!
If you find a toothbrush uncomfortable or too expensive, disposable mascara wands are also a great option! You can swipe a couple from a makeup stand in almost any department store and clean them at home.
4. To smoothen out your mascara, leave your tube (sealed) in a glass of warm water prior to usage.
5. To curl your lashes faster and more permanently, heat up your eyelash curler with a hair dryer
6. If a hairdryer is too loud, use a lighter!
**Please make sure you don’t burn yourself and make sure that the eyelash curler is not too hot –wait a bit prior to usage**
- Within Maybelline, we recommend Great Lash.
- Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara.
- Bobbi Brown’s Mascara